Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Dell Laptop Reduction

About two weeks ago, I was shopping around for a laptop that I could use for development. I settled on the powerhouse Dell Latitude D810. With all of the options that I wanted for the system, the price tag came out to a whopping $2680.

I left the item in my cart for a few weeks, hoping for a discount to appear on the system.

Lo and behold... when I checked my cart this morning, Dell gave me a $180 discount off of my laptop.

Which got me to thinking....

If you price out a system from Dell and leave it in your shopping cart for a while, will Dell automatically discount it after a few weeks in order to motivate you to buy? Or, is it just coincidence that they gave me a $180 discount to round down my final cost to an even $2500?

No comments: