Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Cayuga and SOA Conference

Thanks to Marco for a pointer to Cornell University's Cayuga Project. It's a CEP engine, it comes with source code, and it's free. Unfortunately, my megabank needs a full ecosystem, and the support model of an actual company, so this disqualifies Cayuga from further consideration. However, it would be interesting to see if the Cayuga people go off and form a commercial venture around this. (Jeremy, are you reading this?)

The SOA/WebServices panel was a success. Thanks to Tom Steinthal for inviting me to participate. A lot of the crowd was interested in CEP and the interaction of CEP and SOA. After the panel discussion, I was mobbed by a lot of vendors... something that I explicitly wanted to avoid. I would rather have been mobbed my my bank's competitors to engage in some general information sharing. I am very curious to see if CEP has moved out of the very "linear" world of algo trading and pricing.

©2008 Marc Adler - All Rights Reserved

No comments: