Sunday, January 11, 2009

Blogs Influence Purchasing

References here to a study by Jupiter Research

I get a lot of private email with questions like this: "I read your blog. I want a buy system X. what do you think of it?" So, I can personally attest that people who want to purchase trading/CEP/algo systems do a lot of research on blogs. I think that it would be irresponsible to make a major purchase without researching every piece of information that is publicly available, and that include what people say on blogs.

I think that a blog, if written responsibly, can positively influence the development and quality of a product. If I was running a software company, I would certainly try to keep any negative publicity off of the blogosphere, and if that means doing a little bit of extra QA, then I would do it ... and that benefits all customers.


©2009 Marc Adler - All Rights Reserved.
All opinions here are personal, and have no relation to my employer.

No comments: