Sunday, May 17, 2009

Wolfram Alpha - Maybe Overloaded?

Entering "IBM June Calls" into Wolfram Alpha freezes my Firefox browser.

Their system must be truly overloaded beyond their wildest expectations.

Update: I tried the "IBM June Calls" in IE8, and it did not hang the browser. Alpha did not completely understand what the query meant. I then typed in "IBM June 100 calls", and at least Alpha understood that I was talking about an option. I further refined the query by entering "IBM June 2009 calls".

Alpha tried to bring up a graph of the Option Payoff Function, with the price of the payout on the Y axis and the underlying price on the X axis, but the graph contained no data.

Looks like Alpha needs to be trained a bit more ....




©2009 Marc Adler - All Rights Reserved.
All opinions here are personal, and have no relation to my employer.

No comments: